Do you find it difficult to choose the right hairstyle? Come on board as we take you through steps that will help you make the right decision when next you hit the salon.
2018 has barely kicked off, and there are already lots of trendy men’s hairstyles to try out. But the tricky question remains how to choose the right one.
Just like the female folks, a lot of men find it difficult to pick a hairstyle (funny right?). Lots of men get confused in the salon too and cannot tell the hairstyle that will suit their personality. There are even apps which allow people to test out the appearance of a haircut.
If you are in this category, then consider today your lucky day. This informative piece contains the right answers to the difficult question, “what men’s haircut is right for me?”
The Shape of your Face
The first thing you need to have in mind when choosing a haircut is the shape of your face. First of all, you need to determine the shape of your face before selecting any hairstyle. This is because there are different hairstyles for different face. No haircut will look good on you if it doesn’t suit your shape. Not even the best Warrington hairdressers can make you look good with the wrong face type.
How Do I Figure Out My Face Shape?
This is simple. You have to measure your face. Grab a measuring tape and measure your forehead, the size of your jaw and the length from one side of your face to another. You will then get your face length by measuring from your chin to your hairline. Take the average measurement and check out the following scale.
- Your face shape is Round if your face length is almost the same as the width average.
- Your face shape is Oval if the breath average is about 1.5cm shorter than the length.
- Your face shape is Square if your face length is almost the same as the breath average, and your chin is the longest part of your face.
- Your face shape is Triangle if your chin is pointy and your jaw is wider than your forehead.
- Your face shape is OBLONG if your face length is more than 1.5cm longer than the Breath average.
Once you figure out your face shape, you can now go for the right hairstyle that suits you.
Hair Type and Texture
Just like face shape, your hair type and texture plays a significant role in choosing the right hairstyle. Although you can use the help of hair products, blow-dryers and straighteners to achieve different hairstyles, it is better to go for a haircut that complements your hair texture.
Here are some of the known hair types and their matching hairstyles:
- The curly hair best suits angular versions of the undercut, smooth fades, and edgy cuts.
- Thick wavy hair goes well with almost all haircuts. But do not try slick backs, it’s practically impossible to achieve.
- Short coarse hair is complicated to style and is best allowed to follow their natural pattern.
- Straight thin hair is excellent for classic hairstyles like the slick backs.
Well, in as much as you would love to try out all the crazy hairstyles for the year, your job plays a prominent role in making a choice. If your profession requires you always look smart, then you should go for the classic hairstyles. However, you are free to try out the crazy styles if you are a more casual business.
These are all you need to choose the right haircut. These tips are helpful but it is important to choose a hairstyle that boosts your confidence. Place your happiness first and enjoy your new look as you step out of the salon.